In 1966, a small group of dedicated volunteers created an organization to provide a unified voice for amateur sport in British Columbia. While much has changed over the years, our core purpose remains the same.
Who we are:
Sport BC is the non-profit sport federation, representing over 70 Provincial, Disability, and Multi-Sport Organizations (PSOs, DSOs, MSOs) in British Columbia. As a member-based organization, Sport BC offers services and programs to build the capacity of our members and advocate on their behalf to improve the landscape for organized sport in BC.
Sport BC, as a member-based organization, supports the growth of amateur sport in BC and provides leadership through delivery of its programs and services for members.
Sport in British Columbia is thriving through the leadership of Sport BC and our members.
Integrity, Transparency, Collaboration, Creativity and Innovation
What we work to achieve:
- Partnership: To increase the level of members’ and partners’ cooperation, contribution and confidence in Sport BC
- Promotion: To promote and reflect the values of sport and the role of the PSOs in the delivery of a successful sport system in British Columbia
- Stability: To strengthen the PSO sport system in BC
- Organizational Responsibility: To ensure Sport BC is managed in a professional and fiscally responsible manner
- Advocacy: To provide a voice for all sport organizations in British Columbia
About Sport BC
Sport BC believes in the power of sport and is committed to building stronger communities through positive sport experiences. Our goal is to enhance and support sport participation in British Columbia ensuring everyone has the opportunity to thrive. Through our KidSport BC, BC Amateur Sport Fund, and ProMOTION Plus along with our services Sport BC Insurance, and Payroll and Group Benefits; Sport BC supports our sixty plus member organizations. Keep up to date @SportBC
Learn more about Sport BC Activities review our recent Annual Reports: