At Sport BC, services and advocacy are at the heart of how we help our member sport organizations grow and succeed. Sport BC provides a wide range of services aimed at benefiting our members and participants in amateur sport.
Through a Sport BC membership, you have the opportunity to:
- Become part of a collective of Provincial Sport Organizations and advocate as a united voice for amateur sport in BC.
- Register projects with the British Columbia Amateur Sport Fund – a federally recognized Amateur Athletic Association that is able to issue tax receipts for donations. From 2011 to 2017, the BCASF (formerly known as the NSTF) processed over $9 million in amateur sport donations.
- The KidSport concept was launched in 1993 by board and staff at Sport BC as a way to help address the challenges faced by many families when registering their children in organized sport. From a modest start in that first year, issuing $35,000 in grants, KidSport expanded to become a national entity with 11 provincial/territorial chapters and over 160 community-based chapters. From humble beginnings here in BC, KidSport issues over $1.3 million in grants to fund sport for more than 4200 kids annually #SoALLKidsCanPlay!
- Access our full suite of Payroll & Benefits program.
- Honour your athletes and become involved with Canada’s longest-standing sport recognition event, Athlete of the Year Awards which celebrates outstanding BC performances in 18 award categories.
- Recognize and honour your sport volunteers at the annual President’s Awards.
- Participate in the Annual Membership Survey and the PSO Salary & Benefits Survey which is completed every 2 years.