About Sport BC
In 1966, a small group of dedicated volunteers created an organization to provide a unified voice for amateur sport in British Columbia. While much has changed in 49 years, our core purpose remains the same.
Who we are:
Sport BC is the non-profit sport federation, representing over 60 Provincial Sport Organizations in British Columbia. As a member-based organization, Sport BC offers services and programs to build the capacity of our members and advocate on their behalf to improve the landscape for organized sport in BC.
Sport BC, as a member-based organization, supports the growth of amatuer sport in BC and provides leadership through delivery of its programs and services for members.
Sport in British Columbia is thriving through the leadership of Sport BC and our members.
Integrity, Transparency, Collaboration, Creativity and Innovation
What we work to achieve:
- Partnership: To increase the level of members’ and partners’ cooperation, contribution and confidence in Sport BC
- Promotion: To promote and reflect the values of sport and the role of the PSOs in the delivery of a successful sport system in British Columbia
- Stability: To strengthen the PSO sport system in BC
- Organizational Responsibility: To ensure Sport BC is managed in a professional and fiscally responsible manner
- Advocacy: To provide a voice for all sport organizations in British Columbia