At Sport BC, services and advocacy are at the heart of how we help our member sport organizations grow and succeed. Sport BC provides a wide range of services aimed at benefiting our members and participants in amateur sport.
Through a Sport BC membership, you have the opportunity to:
- Become part of a collective of Provincial Sport Organizations and advocate as a united voice for amateur sport in BC.
- Register projects with the BC Amateur Sport Fund (formerly known as the National Sport Trust Fund) – a federally recognized Amateur Athletic Association that is able to issue tax receipts for donations. From 2011 to 2017, the BCASF processed over $9 million in amateur sport donations.
- Since 1993, KidSport has been providing financial support for sport registration fees to BC kids participating in Sport BC members affiliated sports. In 2017, KidSport issued $1.95 million in grants to over 7,300 kids to play a season of sport. With the assistance of volunteer community chapter in 41 BC communities and support from great partners like the Province of British Columbia, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Westminster Savings. Triple O’s and the Vancouver Whitecaps. KidSport’s vision is … #SoALLKidsCanPlay!
- Access our full suite of Payroll & Benefits program.
- Honour your athletes and become involved with Canada’s longest-standing sport recognition event, Athlete of the Year Awards which celebrates outstanding BC performances in 18 award categories.
- Recognize and honour your sport volunteers at the annual President’s Awards.
- Become involved with the Community Sport Heroes program. In 2018, 22 volunteers in 6 communities across BC were recognized as long-time sport volunteers.
- Participate in the Annual Membership Survey and the PSO Salary & Benefits Survey which is completed every 2 years.