The KidSport program flourishes through a network of 41 community chapters across BC. Each community chapter is run by a committed group of volunteers who raise and distribute funds in their community. For KidSport, every dollar raised in a community stays in the community because we believe in the power of sport to make our communities in BC stronger!
Find a Community Chapter
Below is a list of our community chapters. The link will take you to the community chapter as part of the KidSport Canada website.
Would you like to join the KidSport team? Complete our volunteer intake form to let us know a bit more about you and we will help find the perfect fit!
Become a Partner
Apply for Assistance
1) Apply Online:
To apply online, please click the Apply Online button below, to be directed to our new Online Application Platform. You will be required to set up a profile using your email address. Once you have registered your email, a verification message will be sent to your account, and will include your temporary password. You can change your password when you login for the first time.
When you start your new application, please click to view Chapter by List and choose your KidSport Chapter. If you don’t see your community, choose PROVINCIAL OFFICE BC from the list of community chapters.
Your application can be saved at any time while you are filling it out. If you don’t have all of the information requested you can save your application and continue to fill it out at a later day. Once you have completed all of the required fields you can submit your application.
Please note, the online application requires financial information / verification. Please have electronic copies (or photos) of your most recent Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment ready to upload.
We accept applications for children 18 years and younger who are participating at an eligible sport organization (must be a member in good standing of their relevant Provincial Sport Organization), and who meet our income eligibility guidelines.
2) Apply using a Paper Form:
- Get the right application form – from the list below, find the KidSport chapter that corresponds with the city that you live in, and download the application. Don’t see your community? Apply to the PROVINCIAL OFFICE BC.
- Read over the guidelines page – each chapter has guidelines specific to your community, please read over the guidelines and ensure that you and the sport organization you are applying for are eligible for KidSport funding
- Complete application – print application form and fill out each section on the form. the Adult Sponsor (parent or guardian) is responsible for filling out the application and keeping a copy for their records
- Send application to your KidSport chapter – contact information for your chapter can be found at the bottom of your application form. Please send your application via the methods listed (i.e. if there is no email address, application must be mailed or faxed)
- Please allow a minimum of 60 days before funds are sent – of course if you have questions before then, feel free to reach out to your KidSport chapter.