Daryl Thompson Award
This award is named in honour of the late Daryl Thompson, former chair of Sport BC, whose contributions to sport as an athlete, coach and executive officer were exemplary. This award recognizes an individual who has contributed their time in an extraordinary way to sport over a long period of time and/or has made a major contribution on amateur sport in British Columbia.
- Recognition is for contribution on a provincial, national or international scale.
- The recipient is chosen by our Board of Directors.
- Each nomination is valid for three years. This means that a nominee who is not honoured in a particular year will automatically be considered as a nominee in the subsequent two years. Additional materials will be accepted to update the application.
- Nominations are the responsibility of the member organizations of Sport BC.
- Previous Award Winners
- Only typewritten or word-processed nominations will be accepted
- We reserve the right to seek additional nominations at any time and the right to decline nominations
- Please include an action photo of the nominee in jpg or eps format with a minimum of 300 pixels per inch
For a print version of the form for this award, click here
Supporting Information: Please e-mail (email@example.com) other comments, facts, and figures for the selection committee to consider. Only one page single spaced of information will be accepted. Newspaper clippings are acceptable as part of the additional page of information.
The information collected on this nomination form will be kept confidential, and will be used solely for the purpose of the Athlete of the Year Awards.