At Sport BC, services and advocacy are at the heart of how we help our member sport organizations grow and succeed. Sport BC provides a wide range of services aimed at benefiting our members and participants in amateur sport.
Sport BC has business services such as payroll and accounting services.
Through a Sport BC membership, you have the opportunity to:
- Become part of a collective of Provincial Sport Organizations and advocate as a united voice for amateur sport in BC.
- Since 1993, KidSport has been providing financial support for sport registration fees to BC kids participating in Sport BC members affiliated sports. In 2015, KidSport issued $1.8 million in grants to over 8,100 kids to play a season of sport. With the assistance of volunteer community chapter in 41 BC communities and support from great partners like the Province of British Columbia, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Westminster Savings and Credit Union, Hockey Canada Foundation and Canucsk for Kids, the NHLPA Goals and Dreams Fund and the Vancouver Whitecaps. KidsSport’s vision is … SO ALL KIDS CAN PLAY!
- Register projects with the National Sport Trust Fund – a federally recognized Amateur Athletic Association that is able to issue tax receipts for donations. From 2011 to 2014, the NSTF processed over $7.5 million in amateur sport donations.
- Access our full suite of Payroll & Benefits program.
- Honour your athletes and become involved with Canada’s longest-standing sport recognition event, Sport BC’s Athlete of the Year Awards, which celebrates outstanding BC performances in 18 award categories.
- Become involved with Sport BC’s Community Sport Hero Awards program. In 2015, Sport BC hosted 8 award ceremonies in communities across the province to recognize long-time sport volunteers.
- Participate in the Annual Membership Survey and the PSO Salary & Benefits Survey which is completed every 2 years.