At Sport BC, services and advocacy are at the heart of how we help our member sport organizations grow and succeed. Sport BC provides a wide range of services aimed at benefiting our members and participants in amateur sport.
These services include risk management information and training, education and professional development courses, and sport leadership information. Sport BC also has business services such as payroll and accounting services and meeting room space.
Through a Sport BC membership, you have the opportunity to:
- Become part of a collective of Provincial Sport Organizations and advocate as a united voice for amateur sport in BC
- Access KidSport - in 2011 more than 5700 kids received KidSport grants to assist with the costs of organized sport registration fees. Through the provincial office and the 39 community KidSport chapters in BC, over $1,100,000 was allocated in grants to kids aged 6 to 18 playing in more than 50 sports.
- Register projects with the National Sport Trust Fund – a federally recognized Amateur Athletic Association that is able to issue tax receipts for donations. In 2011/12, the NSTF processed over $2.2 million in amateur sport donations.
- Access our full suite of Professional Accounting Services, including Bookkeeping and a Payroll & Benefits program.
- Access our Membership Discounts – preferred rates for member organizations – with Holiday Inn, Charter Bus Lines, BC Ferries – Sport Experience Program.
- Honour your athletes and become involved with Canada’s longest-standing sport recognition event, Sport BC’s Athlete of the Year Awards, which celebrates outstanding BC performances in 17 award categories.
- Become involved with Sport BC’s Community Sport Hero Awards program presented by Teck. In 2011, Sport BC hosted 12 award ceremonies in communities across the province to recognize long-time sport volunteers, and 8 events are planned for 2012.
- Participate in the Annual Membership Survey and the PSO Salary & Benefits Survey which is completed every 2 years.