We are looking for a creative and dynamic team player who:
- Is passionate about recreational gymnastics;
- Believes in the tremendous benefits from participation in recreational gymnastics;
- Develops, enhances and implements exciting gymnastics for all programs and services; and
- Supports GymBC clubs in providing exceptional recreational gymnastics opportunities.
In short, we want B.C. to have the best recreational gymnastics programs in Canada… are you the person to help us meet this goal?
Gymnastics for All Coordinator
Based in Vancouver, Gymnastics BC is the not for profit Provincial Sport Organization representing over 46,000 members and 78 full member gymnastics clubs. We are currently recruiting for this unique and exciting full-time staff position.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Gymnastics for All (GFA) Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination and promotion of recreational gymnastics programming in B.C. Working closely with GymBC staff, the GFA committee and GymBC clubs, this position follows the Long Term Athlete Development model by promoting the benefits of gymnastics as a Foundation Sport, from the Active Start to Active for Life stages. This position works to implement programming opportunities that are inclusive and accessible for all.
To organize, promote and increase recreational gymnastics opportunities in B.C.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- GFA committee coordination and management
- Gymnastics for All program leadership, management and coordination
- Contribute to the overall growth and development of gymnastics in B.C.
- Provide excellent member service
- Other related responsibilities that contribute to the success of the Gymnastics BC team
- Develop, implement and oversee yearly operational plans, with support from the GFA Committee
- Coordinate and ensure seamless GFA program delivery, including:
– Kids CanMove
– Physical literacy
– Cross training
– Special needs
– Other programming including adult, acrobatic & aerobic gymnastics
- Support PLAY Gymnastics initiatives
- Work with GymBC member clubs on recreational gymnastics activities and initiatives
- Develop & implement Canadian Gymnastics Week initiatives in B.C.
- Coordinate seminars, retreats and other events that enhance club opportunities and increase engagement with Gymnastics BC
- Develop and foster partnerships that enhance gymnastics for all opportunities
- Other duties as required
- Must be competent with MS Office applications
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous event coordination experience is an asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- A valid British Columbia Class 5 driver’s license is preferred
- A current Police Record Check will be required
- Occasional travel and non-regular working hours will be necessary
Salary & Benefits
Gymnastics BC offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with level of experience, skills and qualifications.
January 5, 2015
Please submit your resume, covering letter and salary expectations in either MS Word or PDF format in confidence to:
Brian Forrester, Chief Executive Officer, by email only to email@example.com
– no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.